Strong Odor Leads A Man To Find His Wife And Their Mechanic, Her Alleged Lover, Dead

Posted On : July 11, 2018

Newark, New Jersey man, Kahali Johnson, smelled a strong gas odor outside of his apartment. The odor entered his apartment before 9:00 p.m. on Monday and he went to investigate. Johnson followed the odor to a garage where he discovered his wife, 39-year-old Tameka Hargrave, and their mechanic dead. Police believe that Hargrave was having an affair with her mechanic.

Man Finds His Wife And Her Alleged Mechanic Lover Dead In A Garage From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:

According to the Daily Mail, Kahali Johnson claims that he smelled a strong gas odor outside of his Newark, New Jersey apartment. Concerned about the odor, Johnson followed the smell that led him to a garage. To his horror, he discovered his wife, 39-year-old Tameka Hargrave, and her 56 year-old mechanic dead. Hargrave and her mechanic died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Johnson, Hargrave’s husband, told ABC that he found their bodies inside the garage, along with had been left running in a closed garage, and called police just before 9:00 p.m.

As I tried to step to open the last garage door, I see the mechanic, he’s laid out, Johnson told ABC. She’s just a few feet away, she’s laid out. And pretty much I had to call 911, because at this time, with that level of emissions, I knew that they were gone.

Tameka Hargrave was found by her husband, Kahali Johnson, inside the closed garage, where the car had been left running

Investigators believe that Hargrave and her mechanic were having sex. Law enforcement sources said they believe the wife was paying for her car work by having sex with the mechanic. Now, it’s unclear what led police officers to that conclusion. However, family and friends want to know why Hargrave was in a running car.

Friends And Family Members Want To Know Why Tameka Hargrave Was In Her Car:

After 8:00 p.m.on Monday, Newark police received a call about 2 people that were allegedly sick inside of a garage. When they arrived, they discovered that the two people were dead. Tameka Hargrave and her mechanic were dead apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning. Investigators believe that their deaths were accidents but it is still unknown as to why Hargrave was in a running car.

We want to know why — what was she doing in the car? said family friend Kelly Mitchell to CBS. We don’t know.

Sources say that Hargrave and her mechanic were having an affair. However, her family members and friends have not commented on the alleged rumor. Hargrave’s mother said she had just talked to her daughter a few hours before. Hargrave was going to her mechanic to get routine work done on her car.

Around 5:30 she said she was going to AutoZone to get the oil filter from her mechanic to put it on, Hargrave’s mother said to CBS.

Then, Hargrave’s 2 daughters received a devastating call from their father. They rushed home but it was too late. Their mother was gone.

I just want my mother back. I want her to see me graduate high school. I can’t do that, daughter Khalisha Johnson said to CBS. They have cameras and stuff. Why can’t they get smoke detectors? We could have stopped this right here. My mother could still be alive.

Law enforcement did not confirm any other injuries as a result of the carbon monoxide, but residents of the apartment complex said they saw at least one person being taken away on a stretcher.

Remember…Love has the power to heal or kill… Always proceed with caution!

SIGNUP TO UPDATES